Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Do I need a membership or a business account?
How do I place an order?
First check Restaurant and Waiters on Wheels® hours to see if both are open for business. There are three convenient ways to place an order:
Call your local Waiters on Wheels® office and an operator will assist you in placing your order. For faster service please have the name of restaurant and item numbers ready to order. A list of all restaurants along with their menu can be located in our Waiters on Wheels® Restaurant Guide or on our Web Site: www.waitersonwheels.com
First, select your delivery area, choose a restaurant and then fill your basket with the items. When you have completed your order click Complete Your Order, and follow the questions to Place Your Order. Make sure to give a Direct Phone Number so a Waiters on Wheels® Operator can call you back and confirm your order. If you have not received a call within 10-15 minutes after placing an order contact the Waiters on Wheels® office you ordered from.
Call your local Waiters on Wheels® office for a Fax Ordering Form. Fill out form and fax to your local Waiters on Wheels® office. Fax number will be indicated on the form. As soon as we receive your fax we will contact you with a total price. If you have not received a call back within 10-15 minutes of faxing the order please contact your local Waiters on Wheels® office.
How long does it take for an order to be delivered?
Check to make sure the restaurant you would like to order from is open, usually an order takes an hour to an hour fifteen minutes after you place your order, please ask your WOW operator for a specific time. Orders can be placed ahead of time and or for a future date and time.
What payment methods can I use?
We accept cash, all major credit cards and company check.
If I have a question about my order who do I contact?
For any questions concerning an order please call your local Waiters on Wheels® office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How much does it cost?
Every Area has a food minimum amount and delivery charge, please contact your Waiters on Wheels® operator to find out minimums and delivery charges.
Who determines the menus and sets the menu prices?
Restaurants determine menus and menu prices which are subject to change without notice.
Why get a membership?
Memberships are valid for 1 year. A membership costs $12.00, payable over the phone by a credit card. The advantages of being a member are: $2.00 off on every delivery, the use of personal checks and having the convenience of keeping a credit card on file.
How do I open an account?
To open a business account please contact the Waiters on Wheels® Accounting Office at (415)452-6600 ext. 118, submit a Business Account Request at the home page or email your request at : email@example.com
How do I order a gift certificate?
Call your local Waiters on Wheels® office and an operator will assist you or you can go to our Web link and just click on Gift Certificates.
Are there fees associated with ordering gift certificates?
There will be a $4.25 shipping and handling fee for gift certificates orders.
When should the recipient be expecting the gift certificate?
All gift certificates are mailed out 1st class mail and take 1-3 business days. Waiters on Wheels® offers hand delivery of Gift Certificates for an additional charge. Call your local Waiters on Wheels® office for price and availability.
What is a gift order?
Gift Orders give you the opportunity to place, pay and send an order to your family or friends. Credit Card and a billing address are required.
How do I become a Member Restaurant?
Contact the Waiters on Wheels Marketing Department
Ph: (415) 452-6600 ext 122
Fax: (415) 452-6655
How do I place a Group Order?
- Have one person be the order host and choose the location and restaurant.
- Once the order host has chosen the restaurant, look under "Your Order" at the right side of the page. Click on the link "Invite others to join your order".
- Fill in the names of invitees and email addresses.
- Fill in your name and email address.
- Include an invitation message (optional).
- Choose a deadline for the invitees to complete their order.
- Click Submit to begin the group order.
- Each invitee will receive an invitation email. Each invitee should --
- Click on the link included in the email.
- Add food items to their order.
- Once they are done, click on the "Add Items to Group Order" button.
- Look for a confirmation email when the host has completed the group order.
- The order host will receive an email --
- Click on the link included in the email to track order status and complete the order.
- Invitees who haven't completed their orders appear in a list on the right side under "Still waiting for orders from:"
- Invitees with "opened" next to their name have opened the link and are placing orders.
- When an invitee completes their order, they will disappear from the list and their order items will appear in the main area on the left side.
- Once you are ready to place the order, click on the "Complete Your Order" button.
- Continue on to complete payment, delivery information, and click on "Place Your Order" to finish the order.
- The host will receive a confirmation email that the order has been received along with an itemized list of the order and total.